Our Islamic curriculum covers three elements:
- Curriculum from the Ministry of Religious Affairs (Qur’an and Hadits, Aqidah and Akhlaq, Fiqh and Islamic History and Culture)
- Fun Tahfidz (Qur’anic memorization).
- Pesantren (an Indonesian-style of Islamic boarding house) contents aiming at the ability to read classical books (qiraah al-kutub).
2. International Curriculum
Today Afkaaruna Kindergarten is one of about 1500 schools around the world who officially hold the license of the UK based International Primary Curriculum (IPC). We also proudly inform you that Afkaaruna Islamic School is one among only three schools in Yogyakarta that hold this license.
IPC is a comprehensive, thematic and creative curriculum which is primarily based on sophisticated researches on early childhood educations. IPC emphasizes the learning process with precise and measured targets to develop international awareness. IPC also develops children’s personal learning, which focuses on 3 key areas and 4 specific areas. The seven areas are figured as follows:
In addition, Afkaaruna Primary’s international curriculum is based on Cambridge Standard since it is used all over the world and more than 9000 schools offer this program. Cambridge subjects used in this program are: English language and literature, Mathematics and Sciences. This also has the potential for flexibility as it is combined with the Indonesian 2013 Curriculum.
3. National Curriculum & Local Cultures
Afkaaruna Islamic School adapts both national curriculum and local cultures. In conforming to government curriculum we focus on:
- Character building through activities alligned to the various stages of children’s development.
- Teaching of moral, spiritual, social, emotional values alongside independence.
- Language and cognitive skills, psychomotor learning and art development.
In addition, this curriculum also involves the implementation of local values such as politeness (unggah-ungguh), tolerance (tepa selira), humbleness, good virtue and forgiveness (sura dira jayaningrat lebur dening pangastuti).